Information and documents relating to the submission of year end data.
At the end of each financial year, employers must complete and submit the ‘End of Year Return’ spreadsheet, providing details of basic employee information, the member’s full-time equivalent pensionable pay for the pre-2014 benefits and CARE pay for the scheme year.
If Dorset Council or Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council administers your payroll you will not be required to provide this information as this will be completed on your behalf.
Each year employers are provided with a spreadsheet that they will need to complete, along with guides and notes on how to complete it correctly.
If you encounter any difficulties opening it or have any questions regarding completion please do not hesitate to contact us.
To comply with The Occupational and Personal Pension Schemes (Disclosure of Information) Regulations 2013 [SI 2013/2734], the LGPS Regulations 2013 and with the Directions issued by HM Treasury under section 14 of the Public Service Pensions Act 2013 the sub-committee believes that, in respect of defined benefits, Annual Benefit Illustrations must be sent to all active scheme members by 31 August.
For the Dorset County Pension Fund to meet this obligation we will need your completed returns as soon as you are able to provide them and, at the very latest, by 30 April 2023.
Any return received after the deadline stated will attract a charge of £100 per working day as listed in Dorset County Pension Fund’s Pension Administration Strategy.
Submission of the End of Year Return will be through the secure portal for employers. If you have not already been provided with access to the employer portal, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and your log in details will be forwarded. The DCPF will only be accepting spreadsheets sent in through the employer portal, please do NOT send it by email.
Basic template rules:
- Each employer number 00*** will require an individual spreadsheet.
- Every member who had contributions deducted between 1 April 2022 and 31 March 2023 should appear on the 2022/23 annual return – unless they have opted out within the first three months of joining and have been refunded through payroll.
- There should be one line on the return for each employment the member may have had in 2022/23.
- Members who have multiple employments should appear on separate lines on the return.
- The Payroll / Post Number on the return must be unique and be associated with the reference number held by DCPF.
- The sum of the employee and employer contributions should match the total employee and employer contributions paid in 2022/23.
- Please read the file layout specification and the End of Year Example Spreadsheet should you have any queries prior to contacting the DCPF.
We have tried hard to capture all eventualities however we realise that this is not always possible so would be grateful should you identify anything that is not working correctly.
End of Year submission
When compiling your return please ensure the following process has been completed:
- Complete the 2022/2023 template with your data
- Review any highlighted cells to ensure that the data input is correct, make amendments if necessary
- Copy and paste your spreadsheet data (including column header line) into a new blank spreadsheet – this is to stop the lines below your data trying to validate
- Convert your new excel document to CSV (Comma delimited) (*csv) format
- Load the return to the Annual Return process on the employer portal https://dcpfemployers.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk
Please also remember that the responsibility to keep accurate data falls upon the employer and not any third party payroll provider, if you are contacted by DCPF regarding queries or missing returns please contact your payroll providers directly.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact the Employer Relationship and Communications Team.