Information and documents relating to the submission of year end data.
At the end of each financial year, employers must complete and submit the ‘End of Year Return’ spreadsheet, providing details of basic employee information, the member’s full-time equivalent pensionable pay for the pre-2014 benefits and CARE pay for the scheme year.
If Dorset Council or Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council administers your payroll you will not be required to provide this information as this will be completed on your behalf.
Each year employers are provided with a bespoke spreadsheet that they will need to complete, along with guides and notes on how to complete it correctly.
When compiling your return please ensure the following process has been completed:
- Download the bespoke annual return that has been uploaded to your section of the YourFund website. (Downloadable from mid-March 2021)
- Populate the 2020/21 template with your initial data (Sheet1 of the EOY spreadsheet)
- Press the Autoformat button (located in cell CC1:CD1 on Sheet1)
- Review any highlighted cells to ensure that the data input is correct and in the right format. Make amendments if necessary
- Review the separate Queries spreadsheet which is generated after pressing the Autoformat button.
- The sum of these queries can be found on the Query Summary tab of the EOY spreadsheet. Please review this and ensure that all critical errors are resolved and that all tolerances are adhered to
- Make any necessary changes to your data and add comments to the Notes column on Sheet1 if required (this will reduce number of queries raised)
- If any changes were made, press the Autoformat button again
- Repeat the above steps until all queries have been resolved
- Submit return via the YourFund website
This spreadsheet requires macros to be operational to work correctly, if you encounter any difficulties opening it or have any questions regarding completion please do not hesitate to contact us.
To comply with The Occupational and Personal Pension Schemes (Disclosure of Information) Regulations 2013 [SI 2013/2734], the LGPS Regulations 2013 and with the Directions issued by HM Treasury under section 14 of the Public Service Pensions Act 2013 the sub-committee believes that, in respect of defined benefits, Annual Benefit Illustrations must be sent to all active scheme members by 31 August.
For the Dorset County Pension Fund to meet this obligation we will need your completed returns as soon as you are able to provide them and, at the very latest, by 30 April 2021.
Any return received after the deadline stated will attract a charge of £100 per working day as listed in Dorset County Pension Fund’s Pension Administration Strategy.
Submission of the End of Year Return will be through the End of Year tab on Your Fund, our secure portal for employers. If you have not already been provided with access to Your Fund, please complete and return the form below (Your Fund Employer Set up form) and your log in details will be forwarded. The DCPF will only be accepting spreadsheets sent in through Your Fund, please do NOT send it by email.
If you have any queries regarding this email, please do not hesitate to contact the Employer Relationship and Communications Team.